Monday, January 23, 2012

I have curly hair, but i put moose in it, and it looks hard. What do i use to have soft curls?

I want it to look like there is not moose or anything in it. Any suggestions?I have curly hair, but i put moose in it, and it looks hard. What do i use to have soft curls?
curling ironI have curly hair, but i put moose in it, and it looks hard. What do i use to have soft curls?
Pantene makes a good curl moose. The trick is to put it in an keep scrunching your hair periodically as it air dries or to dry it with a diffuser and scrunch it while you dry it. I personally like gel better than moose and it gives a shiner more natural finish. Herbal essences makes a good gel, so does pantene and garnier. The same goes for gel though. If you don't scrunch it as it dries a little it will get stiff. If you can't get the look with either of those then try a curl cream, or a combination of gel and a curl cream.
Arg- I feel your pain. I used to hate my curly hair but have come to realize the more i let it call the shots, the happier we both are.



I've spent a lot of $$ on products... don't want to think about how much! But, I've finally settled on Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Styling Gel. It can make hair hard if you use too much but I've found my ideal daily dose %26amp; it's not too bad. (http://www.folica.com/Paul_Mitchell_T_d4419.html).



In a pinch, I've used body lotion and aloe gel (like what you put on sunburns but without the alcohol %26amp; food coloring). Don't use too much of either- lotion can be heavy %26amp; dulling %26amp; aloe can make curls harder than mousse!



My friend swears by Aveda's Be Curly products but I found them to be a little heavy (and expensive).



Can you comb your hair when it's wet? I can't... turns to frizz... but if you can comb the product through, maybe you can use less and it won't turn out as hard?



If you want more ideas, try this website. : naturallycurly.com. It has tons of product reviews by curly headed folks... but can be overwhelming.



Oh, and while I was searching around, i found this on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWvbSlOk6g
Use bio silk products or a curl enhancing lotion or creme while your hair is damp or wet. Then, use a diffuser (an attachment to your hair dryer) and diffuse your curls until dry. After you can take a curling iron and curl a few tendrils around the top layer of your hair and face. Use a flexible hairspray to hold curls.
I use Jessicurl styling products. http://www.jessicurl.com/Products-p-1.ht



I use their Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion and Confident Coils Styling Solution. My hair is always soft. You're right to not want to use mouse. It has lots of alcohol in it which will dry out your hair and make it rough.



Read this book called Curly Girl. http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Lorrain



It'll give you tons of tips on styling and caring for curly hair of all types.



Naturally curly.com is a good site. Lots of other styling products and tips on care and styling. http://www.naturallycurly.com/
i had the same problem now i use this sunsilk captivating curls stuff and my hair never looks hard. They have mousse, leave-in condtioner, and cream. And if you want to although i didnt think it helped as much, theres shampoo and conditioner as well.
I use whats called ';styling glaze'; you can find it at Sally's and it comes out watery but when it sets in your hair it's not hard like moose or hard or sticky like gel; it's just right! Then I spray a little bit of mist or serum for a shiny look.
Toni %26amp; Guy carrys a brand calls Curls Rock.



there are 5 steps i think:

1. shampoo

2. conditioner

3. leave in conditioner

4. curls rock amplifier (like a mousse but better)

5. curls rock booster (spray)





try them....
I would try a molding paste or putty. Use it very sparingly. A little goes a looooooooong way. Maybe even a pomade or wax. Again, just a little.
TRY THIS SITE

(sorry about the caps I need you to look though it's amazing!)



http://www.biracialhair.org/Curly%20prim
i use tresemme flawless curls line.

and i would recommend a pre-treatment like a leave-in-conditoner. which also helps.
Don't put moose in it...
put in less mousse,

and then scruch it

(dont rub it, it will just frizz)

with a paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment