Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do you get poofy curly hair to become soft and wavy?

If I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair and then let it air dry, it becomes poofy and frizy(even when I use friz/shine serum) and when I clow dry it, well I look like a lion. How can I get it to be wavy w/o being poofy?How do you get poofy curly hair to become soft and wavy?
I wash mine at night, run serum/anti-frizz through it, let it dry over night, then without brushing it the next morning, I just use a large barrel curling iron on it. Looks wavy and smooth all day, and the next.How do you get poofy curly hair to become soft and wavy?
Well, I guess I am not the only one. I have to sometime re wet my hair and put a bit of conditioner on it which I leave in which works well unless it gets too long. Then you may look into a relaxer product.



Hope this helps.
wow well my method was to destroy it with straightners no more poofyness for me :D but that would damage your hair
When you towel dry your hair, do not rub. Blot the excess moisture out of your hair as rubbing roughens the hair cuticle leaving the hair frizzy. Also try the John Frieda hair products for curly/wavy hair. It is the best I have ever found to fight frizzies.



When you blow dry, use a de-fuser on cool air, as the heat and movement of the air causes the frizzies.





http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/produ
Whenever I let my hair dry in a ponytail it always dries wonderfully. It doesn't poof out as much as when I leave it down and either blow dry it or air dry it.
Try using a little bit of gel if you don't really want a strong hold. Don't towel dry it or blow dry it. Apply some gel to your wet hair and let it air dry. Use some of the frizz serum too! It should help. And if you want a stronger hold, you can try mousse too! Suave makes a really good mousse for curly hair. It's called Healthy Curls. You should definitely give it a try.
It is best to use products designed for curly hair. Use plenty of conditioner. Trying using a regular conditioner and then use a leave-in conditioner. I love Aveda's ';Be Curly'; cream. I use Be Curly I then use Herbal Essence Mousse for curly hair. I then dry my hair with a diffuser. If you are lucky, letting it air dry will produce the softest curls.
Oh my god, this is exactly me......so first, take a shower, and take a good shower because you wouldn't be washing it again for a week. I know it sounds weird, but it works. After you wash your hair really good and it drys really well, you straighten it with hair straighten and every day for a week you keep straightening it and straightening it and straightening it and actually the longer you keep doing that and doing that, even more than a week if you can, your hair will eventually get used to it, so when you shower the next time, your hair will be soo changed, you would not even recognized it...IT worked for me!!!!
get a curly perm
I likewise have poofy curly hair. What i find really helps is when im taking a shower i put in regular conditioner, but dont rinse it out when im done. Then when i get out i do NOT towel dry it because when you rub the hair it creates friction and it turns your curls into frizz. So instead i take a paper towel and just lightly blot the ends. I find that leaving the conditioner in helps to define the waves and it creates a nice shiny soft look.

hope this helps!

Jenn
  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment