Monday, January 30, 2012

What are some tips on keeping curly hair in place and not frizzy?

I have curly hair and it never seems to stay straight. It always gets frizzy and poofy or goes back to curly again. Is there anyway I can get my hair straight w/o straighting it permanetly?





Also, when I wanna wear my hair down I put in moouse (after I shower-I shower at night) called Curls Up and put my hair in a bun. But in the morning when I take it off it just makes my curls poofy. What are some ways I can keep my natural curls nice and under control?





I wanna use new products but I'm not sure which ones to try, in fear that they will not work on my hair. I feel insecure when my hair is frizzy and just want it nice. :)What are some tips on keeping curly hair in place and not frizzy?
Just mouse it in the morning. When you wake up, bend over, and scrunch your hair up with mouse. It makes it look natural and very cute! If you don't like the look, you can alwys try braids as well! Those are very nice and tidy!What are some tips on keeping curly hair in place and not frizzy?
try not washing your hair every day the natural oils will keep it weighted down a touch

Report Abuse



Well I'm not sure what kind of hair texture you have. My Grand-


daughters has 3 textures in their hair. Their 1/2 Mexican/American, 25% African/American,25% White, so you


see that's where the 3 textures comes in, anyways my daughter


will use BBS hair lotion, which is not greasy at all. That will keep


your hair curly and frizz free. To straighten your hair you can use


the same thing but only use a flat iron. That should straighten


out your hair. If use use it, place a little on the palm of your hand ,


rub your hand together and rub in your hair evenly. For curly


hair use a pic to pic your tangle out then, crunch your hair to


make your natural curls come out just right.
try frizz ease by john frieda it works lyke a charm
I feel your pain!! Right now I'm just using suave hair gel (because I'm cheap) and going curly because it is easiest. I have a straight iron, but if there is any humidity I will still get waves. Try talking to your hair stylist and see what he/she uses to keep your hair straight, because when I go have my hair straightend it can stay straight for days and yes, I won't wash it for a couple of days just to keep the straight look.
To get the effect you are looking for use ';pomade'; there are many different companies that make it but look for ';pomade';. Put a little between the palms of your hands then rub it through your hair. Don't rub any into the roots just through the hair to the ends. Don't use too much because it will make your hair look greasy.
OK if you wanna wear your hair curly you gotta use gel and hair spray plus a blow dryer to diffuse (scrunch). use pantene's flexible hold they have a line for curly hair too I think. so what you do is before putting the gel on towel dry your hair and scrunch small sections at a time with your towel (to dry off excess water and get your hair to start curling up) after doing that for like 5-10 mins split your hair in half than add the gel through each half of your hair. than spray some hairspray evenly through your hair. to help it dry faster and to shape it into nice curls use a blowdryer. if you have the defusser attachment it works best. so just scrunch up portions of your hair at a time with the difuser and hold it in place for about a min. push the blowdryer all the way up to your scalp (with your hair in the diffuser) and hold it for like a minute. then let it drop. your hair should start getting dry and staying in nice big curls. keep doing that until you get the result you want!





to wear it straigh you need to use a straightening serum plus a good flat iron.(get one that has the adjustable temperature dial) first blow dry your hair super good so that its completely dry if you leave any moisture its gonna frizz. what I do.. I put this product comes in a purple bottle called enjoy (they have it at planet beauty) right after I get out of the shower. than I blow dry. after blow dry I seperate hair in sections. than I add a little more of the serum as I go along putting a little bit on every small section right before passing the straightner through it. finally you can get something like bio silk (another serum) that you can put after your done to give your hair more shine and frizz control!! your done!
someone asked a question just like this...this is what i suggested for them to do...








i had the same problem with my hair. it was so time consuming and it still never looked how i wanted it to...now when i want to wear it curly i towel dry it really good until its just a little damp and then i put some ';tresemme mousse'; on it (i usually use thickening mousse, or curl enhancing mousse) i then scrunch it a little with my head flipped upside down. then let it air dry so it dosnt get frizzy. keep scrunching it every so often till its dry so it dosnt go completely flat. spray it with some ';tresseme'; extra hold hairspray to set it and you should be good to go! if you still dont have the look that you want take a 1 in. curling iron and curl a couple pieces hear and there.





if your hairs still frizzy, try a hair pomade. garnier fructis has a nice one. do the same thing with the pomade that you did with the mousse. its a little stickier and thicker so it holds down the frizz. (just dont use too much)





just another tip: i have tried every straightener out there..i used to spend about an hr. each night straightening my hair...when i was done it was still a bit poofy...THEN i got the ';Chi';. a friend used it on my hair and when she was finished it was poker straight for the first time in my life. my hour long straighteneing session is now only about 15 min!! its a little pricey, but in my opinion its well worth it! you might want to try it out!





FYI (incase your unsure): The ';Chi'; is a ceramic straightening iron. I got mine at Trade Secrets. I saw a ';generic'; one at Sally's Beauty Supply for half the price. I'm not sure if it works as good, most of Sally's ';generic'; brand works as well as the name brand that they're imitating...but its worth a try (you could always take it back if it doesn't work). I know for sure that the Chi works like a charm tho.





well good luck, i really hope i was able to help you! :)
wen ur hair is wet put on moose in the mornin at the same time squish it to fold. It will look beautiful.!
You could always try new shampoos/conditioners and other products. At Walmart (and some drugstores too) there are sample hair products available that only cost 99 cents. You could purchase a few different brands of conditioners and smoothing products to try at home. By buying the samples, you can see if the product works before you buy the full sizes. I use the sunsilk anti frizz conditioner (green bottle).





I take a shower at night too and my hair is wavy and tends to be very dry. I noticed that when my hair doesn't dry completly over night and is still damp in the morning, it gets frizzier. Towel off as much water as you can after your shower so your hair has a better chance of drying completely. I suggest that you try a hairdryer with a diffuser, they are relatively inexpensive. The diffuser helps to eliminate the frizzy-ness.





I hope this helps!
try going to sleep with an old t-shirt around your head. Just get your hair under the shirt and sleep. you'll have great frizz-free curls in the morning. also try using some lotion or a little gel in your hair in the morning, but not too much.
I have crazy curly hair, and I just use a ceramic straightening iron (the ';clamp'; kind) on dry hair after I brush it. It takes awhile and you have to go over the same hair a few times, but it stays without any extra products and stays until I take a shower (even over night)





For curls, I take a shower, brush my hair, put in Frizz Ease mousse and then spray Frizz Ease humidity barrier hairspray, and let airdry. Works great and I used to have crazy horrid hair.
dont wash it every day grease baby
ok! if you want non frizzy curls, you need to wash it and give it a good conditioner, I suggest a conditoner that is made for curley hair or non frizzy or a color lock conditioner, once you have washed your hair try and aviod using the towel to dry it and and only comb it once then srunch your hair with your hand, if you like you can add a leave in conditoner or if you plan to straigten your hair later on add a product which will protect it from heat damage, once you have done that let your hair dry by itself, no hair dryers or sitting infront of the heater, while its drying check your hair and use your fingers to twirl the hair to help keep your curls more defined, when you go to bed dont put it in a bun or anything just leave it as it is, in the morning only wet it on top or in spots that may have frizzed abit and then add moose and spray with hair spray if you want extra hold, if you dont like sleeping with your hair all out I find putting them in plaits one on each side of your head helps keep the curls under control.
you can use a hair straightener. it's like a curling iron, except it has two flat plates that smooth and straighten your hair as you run it down each section of hair. I have an african american friend who has ';poofy'; hair. she straightened it once and it was so cute!


you can also use pomade. pomade is supposed to make your hair more manageable. my friend has some that smells like coconut! is so yummy smelling! i hope i helped!
I have curly out of control hair. You need to go to a sally's beauty supply store and get proclaim frizz control oil, or frizz ease. It is a light oil that tames your hair,it won't be greasyYou may find a similar product in a drug store. When your hair is damp you put va nickle size and rub in your hand then run it through your ends first then work through the rest of your hair.Then when you straighten it the product locks in shine and keeps it straight. Your problem may be what your using to style your hair. If you are blowing it dry make sure you are not blowing it all over, use a brush and smooth it while drying it,then use an iron. I have an amazing iron,it cost me 120.00dollars but i have had it for 3 years. I got it off ebay its a FHI ionic,ceramic flat iron.It heats up to 450 degrees and i can sleep on my straight hair and it will still be smooth and straight in the morning. I don't have just curly hair i have kinky curly hair. It works really great. As for wearing it curly you n eed to get a pomade for curly hair,it keeps your curls defined and neat instead of frizzy fuzzy mess. If you get this iron you will need minimal product because it is so amazing. Look at john freida products i have heard good things about them.
I have long curly hair and for most of my life I tried to control it. Use on salon products shampoo conditioner and gels for curly hair it make a difference. Dry your hair in sections completely. Then use a good flat iron. Lots of work, although at times worth it I know love my curls just shower apply lots of gel dry my bangs and that it.
  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment