Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How can you straighten naturally curly hair?

I straighten my hair at night and then in the morning I straighten it again but during the day it starts to curl again. It won't stay straight and I don't have any kind of serum or anything else.How can you straighten naturally curly hair?
I have a couple of questions to try and help:


1-what state do you live in? Humidity plays havoc or a lot of rain.


2-what kind of straightening iron do you have?





I've learned less product is better for straightening hair. The more product you use, the faster your hair will get dirty (then having to repeat straightening).


Use a leave-in conditioner, then a heat protecting cream. I use L'Oreal Nature's Therapy - Heat Control %26amp; Aveda - Hang Straight Straightening Lotion. *Neither of those are leave-in conditioners, but the combination is good (I'm out of leave-in and haven't looked for a replacement for the discontinued brand).


Gloss Drops (a little goes a long way) help a little with some flyaways and keeps the hair looking healthy/shiny.


Also straightening/sleek types of shampoo %26amp; conditioner might help with control.





So step by step


1-wash %26amp; condition hair.


2-towel dry, apply product.


3-blow dry straight with a natural bristle paddle brush (very important tool). Your hair might be ';fro'; like when done, don't panic.


3-flat iron hair, using as much pressure as you can (but don't rip your hair). A lot of heat and a lot of pressure is what keep curly hair pin straight.





Flat Irons:


I have a Sedu Ceramic. It was not cheap but it is phenomenal. Bought mine online. I've heard CHIs are overrated. I like the results from FHI irons used at an Aveda School.


Always use a real ceramic iron, never gold plated.


The only inexpensive ($60-$70) good iron I know of is made by Generic Value Products, you get them from Sally's Beauty.


I like GVP ';paul mitchell'; products. GVP deconstruct salon products to re-make them more affordable. They are the same as the salon products, no quailty of ingredients lost.





Hope this HelpsHow can you straighten naturally curly hair?
I use a hair-straightener, http://bit.ly/WS3Yk is the best hair-iron I have ever come across, leaves my hair silky and wavy, just the way I want. Try it, its the best iron in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment