Sunday, February 12, 2012

What would happen if I got my naturally curly hair relaxed?

I am 13 years old, and have naturally very curly hair. It goes quite frizzy and poofy when it is straightened [with a straightener], and even curlier when its wet.


My question is basically, if I did get my hair straightened, would it be poofy and frizzy, and if it got wet, would it go back to being curly?


Thanks.What would happen if I got my naturally curly hair relaxed?
It would go straight, and if you washed it, it would stay straight. It may get a little wavy, but relaxer permanently straightens your hair.What would happen if I got my naturally curly hair relaxed?
Omg, my hair is exactly like yours! My hair also gets like twice as curly when I wash it after I straighten it. And yeah, getting your hair relaxed will get it seriously damaged even more than using an iron. What kind of iron fo you have? Chi ceramic irons are the best so I would suggest you use those if it helps any. Don't use an iron one, use ceramic. I think I have an iron hair straightener and my hair gets really dry and damaged, AND it probably takes longer for me to straighten it because mines really cheap -.-


ANYWAY, if you get your hair straightened professionaly (depending on the quality and how long you would have it straightened for) it shouldn't be poofy or curly when you wash it. These things aren't cheap though, if you want your hair straight for about 6 months is gonna be about $300. Any less would range from $50 and up I guess...my estimates aren't exactly right though XD I would not suggest getting your hair straightened professionaly because it's pretty and smooth and everything while it lasts but when you wash it, it's like 3x worse than before, I've heard bad experiences too. Just use a ceramic heat iron and use a heat spray on your hair for protection before you iron it. Also when you wash you hair, try using anti-damage shampoos like Garnier fructis which makes your hair like 4-10x stronger.





Hope I helped :)
even if you got your hair straightened, its still will be somewhat wavy when wet. At 13, I would not reccommend getting permanent chemicals on your hair. I would suggest you find the right shampoo and conditioner.





I just starting using Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner and also the styling lotion (instead of gel) on my daughter who has EXTREMELY thick, spiral curls. This combination has really helped to control her hair without making it frizzy. You can by it at Walmart in the ';ethnic hair'; section. Yes, even if you are 'white' you can still use the products. You need a product that is going to work for Your texture hair! :D
its kinda a pain to have curly hair sometimes isnt it :P


but unless you get it permenantly straightened ( lasts for a few months but reeaaaalllly damages hair) it will go back to being curly when wet or if its hot and humid outside if you just use a normal straightener


i reccomend using a mousse when you dont want to straighten hair , they help reduce frizz and make curls look really nice and pretty :)
if you got your hair chemically relaxed, it will be really stright. You can take showers and whatnot and it will stay stright. You can go about every 6 monthes. unfortunatly its bad for your hair because of all the chemicals. i would suggest to wait maybe a year or two before starting that.
Instead of relaxing, I recommend working with your curls to make them beautiful rather than frizzy. Spend some time at http://www.naturallycurly.com; you'll get lots of great tips and ideas for caring for your beautiful curls!
It is very bad for you hair.
NOT IF YOU USE A GOOD RELAXER

No comments:

Post a Comment