Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is the best shampoo to use for thick wavy/curly hair?

I've tried a few different brands that just end up making my hair dull and don't leave it with it's natural bounce, and some straightening shampoo's make it feel lifeless. What are some suggestions of good shampoo's?What is the best shampoo to use for thick wavy/curly hair?
I use Pantene Pro-V's Smooth shampoo. I'm pretty sure it's usually in the green bottle.


I have died my hair so much and I have bleached it a lot so my hair is extremely dry and frizzy and I have lots of split ends which is added to naturally wavy hair but after I straighten it ( which I have a lot of heat damage from ) it usually gets rid of the frizz but it makes it flat and un able to work with and with the Pantene Smooth shampoo it's so much shiner and smoother and it looks and feels healthier. I've literally gotten comments on how healthy it looks and never got that before. It's not too expensive either I usually get it at Wal-Mart or CVS or something.What is the best shampoo to use for thick wavy/curly hair?
Fine and thin


Wavy hair that is fine and thin, is easily manipulated into straighter hair styles. Your hair type also has the flexibility to be curled and hold that hair style easily. Your hair tends to be neither too oily nor too dry . . . just about right. Shampoo your hair with a shampoo formulated for “normal” hair. Since that may be hard to find these days, think, gentle, daily shampoos. My favorite is, Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo, it smells great and leaves your hair shiny and soft.If you have used any type of hair coloring try, Aveda Color Conserver Shampoo.





Medium textured


Medium textured wavy hair tends to hug the head, even when cut into layers. Medium textured, wavy hair, may be a bit dryer than finer wavy hair, and a bit more durable. If you pluck out a hair from your head it has a “S” pattern to it. Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo, again fits great for your hair type. If your hair is dryer, try Bumble and bumble Gentle Shampoo, this one also gets rave reviews., again fits great for your hair type. If your hair is dryer, try this one also gets rave reviews.





Coarse and thick


Wavy hair that is coarse and thick tends to be dryer and to frizz. Part of the reason for this is that it is naturally dryer because of the


wave. If yshampoo for wavy hairou pluck out a hair it has a “S” pattern to it. Natural oil


from your scalp has a harder time traveling down the “S” pattern of your hair to lubricate it, than say, someone with straight hair.Your hair type needs a gentle shampoo, Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo will do great and will add moisture to your hair. If you color your hair, try Aveda Color Conserver Shampoo, or if it seems to be very dry try Bumble and Bumble Creme De Coco Shampoo which will be the most hydrating of all.
Oh TRUST ME -- check out www.tightlycurly.com. You're going to love this website.





Teri (the woman who created the site) has AMAZING step-by-step instructions for how to wash, condition, define, and manage hair exactly like yours! Seriously...when you see where she started with her hair (relaxed, processed, damaged, and frizzy!) and where she is today (lots of before %26amp; after pics on her site), you'll be amazed both at how beautiful her hair is and how simple it is to use her technique once a week. She has perfectly defined curls all of the way down to her waist.





My daughter and I used to struggle with finding the right combination of hair products and styling. Everything seemed to dry her hair out more, make it frizzy, etc. She hated her hair. Once I found this website and started following Teri's technique, people literally started stopping my daughter on the street to comment on how beautiful her hair is. She's so proud of her beautiful curls now and has stopped asking me to straighten it all the time. There is nothing better than seeing my girl feeling good about her natural beauty!





This website has EXCELLENT product advice, most of which is very inexpensive and available in your local drug store. Teri's done her research on the ingredients and will tell you very specifically which ones to use and which to avoid.





I really hope this helps!
I also have extremely thick hair that is pretty wavy. I use Dove Intense Damage Therapy shampoo and conditioner and love it! My hair is not damaged, but it helps to control the frizz that wavy hair tends to have. It also leaves it with nice sheen look.





I've also used Redken, but feel the Dove shampoo works just as well and is quite a bit cheaper.
I usually don't try to recommend hair products, as you've experienced many don't work, but DIL uses WEN shampoo and conditioner and I've seen results on her hair.
the new herbal essance one tousle me w.e and the wavy one from garnier are good. they really worked to make my waves stand out when my hair was longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment