Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do they make curly fries?

dont tell me how they cut them i want to know how to make the spice on them or what spice do they put on them.How do they make curly fries?
its a special kind of pototo peeler that cuts into the pototaos


in a spirial shape





Then you take the cut curly fries and cook them in hot oil until brown and crispy AKA -DEEP FRYERHow do they make curly fries?
The ';best answer'; ignores the question. The question specifically stated ';don't tell me how they cut them';. The asker wanted to know about SEASONINGS, which is the same reason I'm here. Lowry's and Old Bay gets pretty close, but it's not quite right.

Report Abuse



I make fries all the time and I use either blackened seasoning or old bay and occasionally I will use Sazon seasoning. I put them in a bowl with a lid with a very small amount of olive oil and sprinkle in a ton of seasoning. Then bake them on around 425-450. They taste great. Tastes like the seasoned curly fries.
You deep fry normal chips and then as soon as they are taken out (still damp with grease) you hav to wrap them around a pencil until they are dry and it creates a curly effect.
I use seasoned salt when I serve them to my kids, but when it's for adults I add some cayenne pepper too to give them a kick. Start with a 1/4 tsp of cayenne with 1/2 cup seasoned salt. Taste a small piece and if you want more spice, add more pepper. The heat increases pretty quick, so be careful. For my taste, it's 1/2 cup saesoned salt and a TBSP cayenne pepper. They have a great flavor and lots of good bite. Enjoy! Rob R
Culry Fry seasoning





1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil








1 teaspoon ground cumin








1/2 teaspoon chili powder








1/4 teaspoon salt








1/2 teaspoon onion powder

















Directions


1. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.





2. Preheat oven to 450? F.





3. In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix to evenly coat potato strips.





4. Place potatos on lined cookie sheet (allow space between individual strips for even cooking).





5. Bake for 15 minutes (or until potatoes become crispy) turning strips every 5 to 7 minutes (or as needed).

No comments:

Post a Comment